I wanted to update this article and repost, because I don’t know about you but Fall allergies are just as bad as spring allergies for me. My allergies are especially bad this year because of our move. Changing climates is always hard on people with allergies, even if you are just taking a couple of weeks vacation. If you have allergies remember to be prepared if you are moving or traveling. Changes in environment can cause havoc on your immune system, so be prepared.
What are seasonal allergies and why are they getting worse?
Seasonal allergies are at epidemic proportions in our modern world. Why is that? Why are they so much worse than they were even 25 years ago? What’s causing the epidemic proportions and what can we do naturally to heal the symptoms or cure the illness?
Well, allergies used to be considered an overreaction of the immune system to non harmful substances in your environment, such as, dog and cat hair, dust, or crops being harvested. You could alway tell when they were harvesting wheat, for example, because you become sympathetic. You could take an Over The Counter medication, to control your symptoms, because they were temporary and would be over when you removed yourself or the allergen. Today, however, the dynamic rise in allergies is caused by substances that my be harmful. Some examples of these are environmental toxins, pollution, asbestos, smoke, or exhaust fumes. Also adrenal fatigue/exhaustion and high stress levels set the course for worsening allergies. Most Over the Counter medication and treat the symptoms and don’t get to the root cause, therefore you never get better. Your body just adjust to the medication and you have to switch to another medication to get relief, it’s a never-ending cycle! Then to top it all off, environment allergies often interact in our bodies activating and aggravating other irritants that already have aggrieved the immune system, then even the most powerful drugs don’t help.
A strong immune system is the key to fighting toxins and allergens, also supporting the other body systems that eliminate waste from the body. Standard Western medical treatments like medications, steroids, and allergy shots help temporarily, however anyone who has tried these will tell you they are only temporary help and the allergies always come back and usually worse than they were to begin with.
How to treat allergies naturally:
Diet and Lifestyle
- Focus on a plant-based diet, Animal fats produce inflammation linked to allergies
- Begin with a cleanse (Understanding Detoxification), drink lots of water
- Have a cup of green tea every morning and evening
- Eat hot Miso or Chicken soup to release mucus, Celery juice daily helps flush allergens
- Focus diet on fresh fruits and vegetables, cultured foods like, yogurt, seafood, greens
- Avoid surgery foods, caffeine, canned foods, and dairy during cleanse
- Avoid the things you know you are allergic to, i.e. Cats, pollen, and dust
- Try Chiropractic, Acupressure, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy
- Eucalyptus steam eases breathing, take a pot of boiling water and add a few drops of Eucalyptus Essential oil, remove from heat and inhale steam for 5-10 minutes
- Aerobic Exercise to increase oxygen in the body (long walks are great)
- Use relation techniques; music, meditation, yoga
- Livercare by Himalaya is the best Liver detoxifier I’ve found
- Best Allergy Medicine by Artemis Therapeutics
- Allerplex by Standard Process
- B Complex Vitamins
- Local raw honey in detox teas (it is important to get honey from a local bee farmer, because the bees use the pollens in your area to make the honey
- Querciten 1000-2000 mg a day
- Bromelain 1000 mg daily (Bromelain is found in pineapple, eat fresh pineapple as an anti-inflammatory
- CoQ10 – 200 mg daily